5 Reasons You Should Own a Standing Desk
by Kenny Rhoads
Have you been thinking about buying a height adjustable desk but are still on the fence? Here are just a few great reasons to get out of your chair!
1. A pain in the back, literally! Does your back hurt? Are you finding it hard to concentrate on your work due to the pain? The answer to a better back may surprise you. Get up and get moving! When you use a height adjustable desk, it will help ease back pains, promote a stronger back and help eliminate the risk of future back problems. The idea is to alternate your position, from sitting to standing, to keep your back straighter and your muscles limber.
2. Fighting fatigue? Studies prove that sitting for long periods of time will make you tired. Standing helps get your blood circulating and your heart pumping. The quicker the blood circulates, the more alert you will become. When bent over at a conventional sitting desk, your blood circulation drastically decreases. Remaining stationary for the better part of your working day can lead to fatigue, a lack of motivation for your work and even depression. Force yourself out of that chair and onto your feet.
3. Cheer up! Standing more actually improves your mood. As you stand, your body produces hormones that help you feel happier than when you’re inactive.
4. Trying to shed a few pounds? Just stand up! It’s a proven fact that you burn more calories standing up than sitting down.
5. Prolong your life! Scientists at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center analyzed the lifestyles of more than 17,000 men and women over 13 years, and found that people who sit for most of the day are 54 percent more likely to die of heart attacks.
Ready to get out of that chair yet? Visit us at MultiTable.com and join the standing revolution today!