As an office manager, you no doubt grow tired of the many requests that you receive from employees asking for time off. While you want to try and be sympathetic to their needs, you also have to balance that sympathy with the need for a healthy bottom line. Wouldn’t it be nice if you had a way to try and control just how often your employees experienced issues that kept them from work? Amazing as it may sound, by simply focusing your efforts on improving the quality of your office furniture with more ergonomically-designed accessories here or a height adjustable standing desk there, you can help your employees to avoid the many aches and pains that keep them from work.
The Costs of Back Pain
In order to truly appreciate the need for better office equipment, you have to first realize the impact that your choice of equipment can have on your company’s overall performance. Consider these statistics:
- Chronic back pain is one of the principle reasons employees give for missing work. According to a survey done by the Scan Journal of Rehab Medical Supplies, nearly half of all American workers admitted to experiencing back pain every year. Imagine if half of your workforce were to miss time because of this issue.
- Most of the causes of back pain are mechanical, meaning that they have more to do with incorrect body mechanics than they do with illness or disease.
- The Agency for Health Care Policy and Research puts the amount spent on treating back problems at more than $50 billion annually. Much of these costs are covered through claims submitted through employer-sponsored health plans.
What You Can Do
As you can see, helping your employees to find ways to avoid chronic back pain is something that you can’t afford not to do. Given that they spend so much time in your office, you can help control their potential for developing back problems by ensuring that their workstations are designed to encourage good posture.
Good posture begins with ensuring that the heights of their desks are sufficient to keep them sitting up straight and not putting any extra pressure on their neck and spine. Determining the correct height of desk is simple if you follow these steps:
- Have them sit at the normal height they sit their chairs.
- Ask that they raise their elbows to 90° angles, with their upper arms in line with their torsos.
- Make sure the desk table is high enough to allow their hands to rest comfortably on their desks while in that position.
Of course, not everyone’s ideal desk table height will be the same. That’s when having height adjustable desks from MultiTable.com comes in handy.
Having a happy and healthy workforce means also having a happy and healthy company. Never underestimate your role in supporting your employees’ healthy lifestyles. When you choose to work with us here at MultiTable.com, you’re given access to one of the largest online inventories you can find of technologically-advanced and ergonomically-designed office desks. Trust in the products that we offer, and we can guarantee that you’ll be appreciated that much more around your office.
Tags: Standing Desk Benefits
Phoenix, Ariz. – MultiTable.com, one of the nation’s leading companies that designs and sells height adjustable standing desks, is pleased || Read More
Encouraging health in the workplace is becoming increasingly popular. From websites devoted to building healthier workplaces and communities to awards || Read More